Aren’t these valentine’s the cutest? Do you get it? (“I Mustache” sounds like “I Must Ask” in case you didn’t get it.) FabHubby didn’t get it and said the moustache was silly. Oh well, I think they are adorable. Below are the directions and the files incase you want to make your own “I Moustache” valentines:-) Enjoy!
“I Moustache” Valentine Supplies
- Hershey kisses
- Cellophane treat bags (I used 3.75″ x 6″ bags)
- Full sheet laser/inkjet labels
“I Moustache” Valentine Instructions
- Download “I Moustache” bag topper and Moustache Hershey kiss labels below.
- Print out “I Moustache” bag toppers. If you are using 3.75″ x 6″ bags, you can fit two toppers to a page.
- Print out Hershey kiss stickers. A 3/4″ circle hole punch works great for quickly cutting out the stickers, otherwise you will have to cut each sticker out using scissors.
- Peal off sticker backing and place on the bottom of a Hershey kiss.
- Place Hershey kisses in cellophane treat bag (I used 6 per bag).
- Fold “I Moustache” bag topper and half and place over the top of the cellophane treat bag. Staple at each end to hold in place.
“I Moustache” Bag Topper
Moustache Hershey kiss stickers
Above are pictures of a couple fast and easy, Pinterest inspired DIY Valentine’s Day decorations I made for our house. I bought all the supplies needed for both the “Family” and “Love” decorations at Michaels.
“Family” Shopping List:
- Spool of ribbon
- Wooden hearts
- Acrylic paint
- Letter stickers or sharpie
- Paint wooden hearts with 2 coats of acrylic paint.
- Using the letter stickers, spell out “Family” on one heart and then spell out each family member’s name on the other hearts. Or you can use a sharpie and hand write everything. Since I have the handwriting of a kindergartener, I chose to use glitter stickers.
- Cut a long piece of ribbon and cut the bottom with pinking shears (or scissors). Using a glue gun, attach the ribbon to the back of the “Family” heart and then glue on the remaining hearts under the “Family” heart.
- Make a bow out of the rest of your ribbon. I used this tutorial.
- Attach the ends of the bow to the back of the “Family” heart.
- Hang up on a hook or nail.
“Love” Shopping List:
- Wooden letters
- Krylon spray paint (I used red and clear glitter)
- Lay out newspaper in a well ventalated area.
- Spray paint your letters. I used 3 coats each.
Of course I also have my framed Valentine’s Subway Art and salt dough heart garland up!