Above are pictures of a couple fast and easy, Pinterest inspired DIY Valentine’s Day decorations I made for our house. I bought all the supplies needed for both the “Family” and “Love” decorations at Michaels.
“Family” Shopping List:
- Spool of ribbon
- Wooden hearts
- Acrylic paint
- Letter stickers or sharpie
- Paint wooden hearts with 2 coats of acrylic paint.
- Using the letter stickers, spell out “Family” on one heart and then spell out each family member’s name on the other hearts. Or you can use a sharpie and hand write everything. Since I have the handwriting of a kindergartener, I chose to use glitter stickers.
- Cut a long piece of ribbon and cut the bottom with pinking shears (or scissors). Using a glue gun, attach the ribbon to the back of the “Family” heart and then glue on the remaining hearts under the “Family” heart.
- Make a bow out of the rest of your ribbon. I used this tutorial.
- Attach the ends of the bow to the back of the “Family” heart.
- Hang up on a hook or nail.
“Love” Shopping List:
- Wooden letters
- Krylon spray paint (I used red and clear glitter)
- Lay out newspaper in a well ventalated area.
- Spray paint your letters. I used 3 coats each.