I’m a bit late in posting this but in preparation to see Monsters University a couple months ago, I bought a Sully PEZ dispenser and Monsters University fruit snacks at the store. I had some extra time so I thought I would try to make Sully Mike Wazowski sugar cookies. I figured Mike cookies would be pretty easy but I wasn’t sure how the Sully cookies would turn out. They both received FabDaughter’s approval:-)
I use Sweetopia’s sugar cookie recipe. I usually use their royal icing recipe too but I was being lazy and bought a royal icing powder mix at the bulk food store. I also bought candy eyes and neon food colors. I used Pampered Chef’s Decorator Bottle Set to pipe the icing.
Mike Wazowski Decorating Instructions
- Get your icing to a toothpaste like consistency and pipe a circle outline on the cookie.
- Thin out icing to get ready to flood the cookie. (One Tough Cookie has a fabulous tip of using a shpritz bottle to get your royal icing consistency at the right level. I love this tip! I haven’t made the mistake of making my icing too thin since using the spray bottle technique.) Flood cookies.
- Add a dot of royal icing to the back of your candy eye.
- “Glue” your candy eyes onto your cookies.
- Dye some royal icing black and pipe semi circles underneath the eye to create the mouth.
- Use uncolored (white) royal icing or dye some grey and pipe two straight lines onto of the cookie to create horns.
I wasn’t impressed with how the Sully cookies turned, but FabDaughter liked them (and they still tasted great).
Unfortunately, we never made it to see Monster’s University but we still watch Monster’s Inc. at home all the time. FabDaughter likes to impersonate Roz when she says “Always watching, Wazowski.” It’s so cute! We’ll definitely pick up Monsters University when it comes out on DVD and I’ll make another batch of cookies.